SPECIAL CALLED MEETING
WESTON CITY COUNCIL
6:30 PM, THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2019
CALL MEETING TO ORDER
DETERMINATION OF QUORUM
1. Citizens are invited to speak for up to three minutes on any subject of which the City of Weston has authority. However, no discussion or action, by law, may be taken on the topic unless the item is on the agenda or until properly posted on a future agenda.
1. Oath of Office for new Council members Kevin Deal and Maria Whitworth
2. Consider and Act Upon the Appointment of Mayor Pro tempore
3. Consider and Act Upon an Ordinance for an emergency budget amendment for minor City Hall repairs to include:
a. Electrical repair of City hall sign and flag spot light and add timer
b. City Hall ramp repair
c. Community Center security camera
d. Inspection of City Hall for mold
e. Off-site training for Mayor/Councilmembers
4. Consider and Act Upon a Resolution of support to “Light up Weston for the Holidays”
5. Discussion - New Mayor Leadership Approach
6. Council and Mayor Comments - Announcements regarding local/regional civic and charitable events, commendation of citizens, acknowledgement of meeting attendees, traffic issues, awards, staff recognition, birthdays, condolences, upcoming meetings, and Council requests for items to be placed on upcoming agendas.
Council meetings bring together citizens of many varied interests and ideas. To
insure fairness and orderly meetings, the City Council asks that all cellular
phones or audible beepers be silenced while City Council is in session. All persons should refrain from private
conversation, eating, drinking and smoking while in the Council Chamber. Citizens and other visitors attending City
Council meetings shall observe the same rules of propriety, decorum and good
conduct applicable to members of the City Council. No one shall delay or interrupt the
proceedings, or refuse to obey the orders of the presiding officer.
CITY COUNCIL VISION STATEMENT
Our vision is to prepare for and to embrace the future while sustaining
and preserving the identity and heritage which makes Weston unique.
City Secretary | Susan Coffer
Copyright © City of Weston, Texas 2016. All rights reserved.