COUNCIL WORK SESSION
WESTON CITY COUNCIL 6:30PM
TUESDAY, AUGUST 14, 2018
CALL MEETING TO ORDER
DETERMINATION OF QUORUM
1. Councilmember Meeting Stipend
2. Council Goals Review
3. GTUA Regional Water System Feasibility Study
4. Celina Clean Up Day Planning, Management and Costs
REGULARLY SCHEDULED MEETING
WESTON CITY COUNCIL 7:30PM
INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
At any time
during an Open Public Meeting the Weston City Council may adjourn to a Closed
Executive Session pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Local Government Code.
1. Minutes of the July 10, 2018 meeting
2. Financial Report for July 2018
are invited to speak for up to three minutes on any subject of which the City
of Weston has authority. However, no discussion or action, by law, may be taken
on the topic unless the item is on the agenda or until properly posted on a
Complete and submit a Request to Address Council
4. Final Plat - Van Buren Estates, Reed and Ross, LLC
5. § 551.087. CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION - DELIBERATION REGARDING ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT NEGOTIATIONS. This chapter does not require a governmental body to conduct an open meeting: (1) to discuss or deliberate regarding commercial or financial information that the governmental body has received from a business prospect that the governmental body seeks to have locate, stay, or expand in or near the territory of the governmental body and with which the governmental body is conducting economic development negotiations; or (2) to deliberate the offer of a financial or other incentive to a business prospect described by Subdivision (1).
a. Parks of Honey Creek Development
6. § 551.074. CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION-PERSONNEL MATTERS. The City Council may convene in executive session to (1) deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee; or (2) to hear a complaint or charge against an officer or employee.
a. City Secretary
7. Order of Election for the November 6, 2018 General Election
8. Approval of a Resolution authorizing Mayor to include Weston as a participant in the Greater Texoma Utility Authority’s (GTUA) Regional Water System Feasibility Study.
9. Approval of a Resolution creating a monthly meeting stipend for City Council Members.
10. PUBLIC HEARING – Proposed Budget 2018-2019
11. Parking Issues on the 100 block of Main Street
12. Requested Weston Clean Up Day
13. Council and Mayor Comments - Announcements regarding
local/regional civic and charitable events, commendation of citizens,
acknowledgement of meeting attendees, traffic issues, awards, staff
recognition, birthdays, condolences, upcoming meetings, and Council requests
for items to be placed on upcoming agendas.
Council meetings bring together citizens of many varied interests and ideas. To
insure fairness and orderly meetings, the City Council asks that all cellular
phones or audible beepers be silenced while City Council is in session. All persons should refrain from private
conversation, eating, drinking and smoking while in the Council Chamber. Citizens and other visitors attending City
Council meetings shall observe the same rules of propriety, decorum and good
conduct applicable to members of the City Council. No one shall delay or interrupt the
proceedings, or refuse to obey the orders of the presiding officer.
WESTON CITY HALL
301 MAIN STREET
CITY COUNCIL VISION STATEMENT
Our vision is to prepare for and to embrace the future while sustaining
and preserving the identity and heritage which makes Weston unique.
City Secretary | Susan Coffer
Copyright © City of Weston, Texas 2016. All rights reserved.