WESTON CITY COUNCIL 7:30PM
WESTON CITY HALL 301 MAIN STREET WESTON, TEXAS
TUESDAY, MAY 12, 2020
TO ENSURE THE HEALTH AND WELFARE OF ALL OF THOSE ATTENDING THIS COUNCIL MEETING, THE CITY WILL ENFORCE SOCIAL DISTANCING WITHIN CITY HALL. ALL ATTENDEES NOT OF THE SAME HOUSEHOLD MUST REMAIN A MINIMUM OF SIX-FEET (6’) APART. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND COOPERATION.
CALL MEETING TO ORDER
At any time
during an Open Public Meeting the Weston City Council may adjourn to a Closed
Executive Session pursuant to Chapters 551 and 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney) of the Local Government Code.
are invited to speak for up to three minutes on any subject of which the City
of Weston has authority. However, no discussion or action, by law, may be taken
on the topic unless the item is on the agenda or until properly posted on a
future agenda, other than to make statements of specific factual information in response to a citizen's inquiry or to recite existing policy in response to the inquiry.
By law, these items consist of non-controversial or "housekeeping" items. Items may be considered individually by any Council member making such a request prior to a motion and vote on the Consent Agenda items.
2. Consider and act upon minutes of the March 10, 2020 meeting
3. Consider and act upon financial report for March-April 2020
4. Consider and act upon a contract with Joe Goddard Enterprises to purchase and install a CommanderOne LE Cloud-Based Control System allowing the existing all-weather siren to automatically activate based on NOAA weather alerts.
5. Consider and act upon approving an updated contract (original dated 1998) with Abernathy, Roeder, Boyd & Hullett, P.C. for delinquent ad valorem tax collection due to the passing of a law partner.
6. Consider and act upon approval to clean and seal the Community Center concrete floor
7. Update by Mayor on COVID-19 status
8. Council and Mayor Comments - Announcements regarding
local/regional civic and charitable events, commendation of citizens,
acknowledgment of meeting attendees, traffic issues, awards, staff
recognition, birthdays, condolences, upcoming meetings, and Council requests
for items to be placed on upcoming agendas.
Council meetings bring together citizens of many varied interests and ideas. To
insure fairness and orderly meetings, the City Council asks that all cellular
phones or audible beepers be silenced while City Council is in session. All persons should refrain from private
conversation, eating, drinking and smoking while in the Council Chamber. Citizens and other visitors attending City
Council meetings shall observe the same rules of propriety, decorum and good
conduct applicable to members of the City Council. No one shall delay or interrupt the
proceedings, or refuse to obey the orders of the presiding officer.
City Secretary | Susan Coffer
Copyright © City of Weston, Texas 2016. All rights reserved.