SPECIAL CALLED MEETING
WESTON CITY COUNCIL 6:30PM
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2018
CALL MEETING TO ORDER
DETERMINATION OF QUORUM
INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
At any time
during an Open Public Meeting the Weston City Council may adjourn to a Closed
Executive Session pursuant to Chapters 551 and 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney) of the Local Government Code.
1. § 551.071. CONSULTATION WITH ATTORNEY. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, as follows:
By law, these items consist of non-controversial or "housekeeping" items. Items may be considered individually by any Council member making such a request prior to a motion and vote on the Consent Agenda items.
2. Minutes of the November 13 and November 20 , 2018 meetings
3. Financial Report for November 2018
are invited to speak for up to three minutes on any subject of which the City
of Weston has authority. However, no discussion or action, by law, may be taken
on the topic unless the item is on the agenda or until properly posted on a
future agenda, other than to make statements of specific factual information in response to a citizen's inquiry or to recite existing policy in response to the inquiry.
7. Consider and Act Upon the Sixth Amendment to the Development Agreement for the Parks of Honey Creek
8. Council and Mayor Comments - Announcements regarding
local/regional civic and charitable events, commendation of citizens,
acknowledgement of meeting attendees, traffic issues, awards, staff
recognition, birthdays, condolences, upcoming meetings, and Council requests
for items to be placed on upcoming agendas.
Council meetings bring together citizens of many varied interests and ideas. To
insure fairness and orderly meetings, the City Council asks that all cellular
phones or audible beepers be silenced while City Council is in session. All persons should refrain from private
conversation, eating, drinking and smoking while in the Council Chamber. Citizens and other visitors attending City
Council meetings shall observe the same rules of propriety, decorum and good
conduct applicable to members of the City Council. No one shall delay or interrupt the
proceedings, or refuse to obey the orders of the presiding officer.
WESTON CITY HALL
301 MAIN STREET
CITY COUNCIL VISION STATEMENT
Our vision is to prepare for and to embrace the future while sustaining
and preserving the identity and heritage which makes Weston unique.
City Secretary | Susan Coffer
Copyright © City of Weston, Texas 2016. All rights reserved.