WESTON CITY COUNCIL 6:00PM
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2019
CALL MEETING TO ORDER
DETERMINATION OF QUORUM
1. North Central Texas Council of Government (NCTCOG) Recommended Amendments to the 2018 International Fire Code
2. Planned and Future Developments Map
3. Update on Acquisition of Weston WSC Process
4. Discussion of 2-12-19 Consent Agenda Items
5. Weston Trails Zoning Application
WESTON CITY COUNCIL 7:30PM
TUESDAY, JANUARY 8, 2019
INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
At any time
during an Open Public Meeting the Weston City Council may adjourn to a Closed
Executive Session pursuant to Chapters 551 and 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney) of the Local Government Code.
By law, these items consist of non-controversial or "housekeeping" items. Items may be considered individually by any Council member making such a request prior to a motion and vote on the Consent Agenda items.
1. Consider and Act Upon minutes of the January 8, 2019 meeting
2. Consider and Act Upon the financial report for January 2019
3. Consider and Act Upon the acceptance of FY2018 Audit
4. Consider and Act Upon an Ordinance for an Emergency Budget Amendment to the City's 2019 Budget to add funds for heating repair
5. Consider and Act Upon an Escrow Agreement with Van Buren Estates to fund future water line connection
6. Consider and Act Upon an Ordinance to accept the North Central Texas Council of Governments Recommended Amendments to the 2018 International Fire Code
7. Consider and Act Upon An Ordinance repealing Ordinance 2006-03-01 designating the Weston Council as the Zoning Board of Adjustment per Local Government Code 211.008(e)
8. Consider and Act Upon An Ordinance amending the City's Sign Ordinance to prohibit digital signs
are invited to speak for up to three minutes on any subject of which the City
of Weston has authority. However, no discussion or action, by law, may be taken
on the topic unless the item is on the agenda or until properly posted on a
future agenda, other than to make statements of specific factual information in response to a citizen's inquiry or to recite existing policy in response to the inquiry.
Submit a Request to Address Council
10. Conduct a Public Hearing and consider and act upon an Ordinance amending the City's Zoning Regulations defining the City Council as the Planning and Zoning Commission; eliminating the City Council as the Zoning Board of Adjustment; establishing procedures for the formation of a Zoning Board of Adjustment; require developers to pay for, install, and maintain zoning change signs; institute a permit for Temporary Uses
11. Conduct a Public Hearing and consider and act upon an Ordinance amending the zoning for Weston Trails, a.k.a. The Parks of Honey Creek, an area generally bounded by Main St on the north, CR170 and CR206 on the south, CR209 on the east, and CR171 on the west, otherwise known as the Parks of Honey Creek by Westin Land Ltd., Honey Creek Partners, L.P., and East Fork Partners, Ltd.
12. Council and Mayor Comments - Announcements regarding
local/regional civic and charitable events, commendation of citizens,
acknowledgement of meeting attendees, traffic issues, awards, staff
recognition, birthdays, condolences, upcoming meetings, and Council requests
for items to be placed on upcoming agendas.
Council meetings bring together citizens of many varied interests and ideas. To
insure fairness and orderly meetings, the City Council asks that all cellular
phones or audible beepers be silenced while City Council is in session. All persons should refrain from private
conversation, eating, drinking and smoking while in the Council Chamber. Citizens and other visitors attending City
Council meetings shall observe the same rules of propriety, decorum and good
conduct applicable to members of the City Council. No one shall delay or interrupt the
proceedings, or refuse to obey the orders of the presiding officer.
WESTON CITY HALL
301 MAIN STREET
CITY COUNCIL VISION STATEMENT
Our vision is to prepare for and to embrace the future while sustaining
and preserving the identity and heritage which makes Weston unique.
City Secretary | Susan Coffer
Copyright © City of Weston, Texas 2016. All rights reserved.