REGULARLY SCHEDULED MEETING
WESTON CITY COUNCIL 7:30PM
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2018
CALL MEETING TO ORDER
DETERMINATION OF QUORUM
INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
At any time
during an Open Public Meeting the Weston City Council may adjourn to a Closed
Executive Session pursuant to Chapters 551 and 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney) of the Local Government Code.
1. Minutes of the August 14, 2018 meeting
2. Financial Report for August 2018
3. Resolution Designating the City's Official Newspaper
4. Resolution Designating the City Auditor
5. Ordinance Adopting the 2018 International Building, Existing Building, Residential, Fire, Plumbing, Mechanical, Fuel Gas, And Energy Conservation Codes
are invited to speak for up to three minutes on any subject of which the City
of Weston has authority. However, no discussion or action, by law, may be taken
on the topic unless the item is on the agenda or until properly posted on a
Complete and submit a Request to Address Council
7. Public Hearing 2019 Proposed Budget
8. Ordinance Adopting the 2019 Budget
9. Ordinance Ratifying the 2019 Budget Tax Rate
10. Ordinance Accepting the 2018 Certified Tax Roll
11. Ordinance Approving the 2018 Tax Rate
12. § 551.087. CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION - DELIBERATION REGARDING ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT NEGOTIATIONS. This chapter does not require a governmental body to conduct an open meeting: (1) to discuss or deliberate regarding commercial or financial information that the governmental body has received from a business prospect that the governmental body seeks to have locate, stay, or expand in or near the territory of the governmental body and with which the governmental body is conducting economic development negotiations; or (2) to deliberate the offer of a financial or other incentive to a business prospect described by Subdivision (1).
a. Parks of Honey Creek Development
13. Council and Mayor Comments - Announcements regarding
local/regional civic and charitable events, commendation of citizens,
acknowledgement of meeting attendees, traffic issues, awards, staff
recognition, birthdays, condolences, upcoming meetings, and Council requests
for items to be placed on upcoming agendas.
Council meetings bring together citizens of many varied interests and ideas. To
insure fairness and orderly meetings, the City Council asks that all cellular
phones or audible beepers be silenced while City Council is in session. All persons should refrain from private
conversation, eating, drinking and smoking while in the Council Chamber. Citizens and other visitors attending City
Council meetings shall observe the same rules of propriety, decorum and good
conduct applicable to members of the City Council. No one shall delay or interrupt the
proceedings, or refuse to obey the orders of the presiding officer.
WESTON CITY HALL
301 MAIN STREET
CITY COUNCIL VISION STATEMENT
Our vision is to prepare for and to embrace the future while sustaining
and preserving the identity and heritage which makes Weston unique.
City Secretary | Susan Coffer
Copyright © City of Weston, Texas 2016. All rights reserved.