WESTON CITY COUNCIL 7:30PM
WESTON CITY HALL 301 MAIN STREET WESTON, TEXAS
TUESDAY, JANUARY 14, 2019
CALL MEETING TO ORDER
At any time
during an Open Public Meeting the Weston City Council may adjourn to a Closed
Executive Session pursuant to Chapters 551 and 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney) of the Local Government Code.
are invited to speak for up to three minutes on any subject of which the City
of Weston has authority. However, no discussion or action, by law, may be taken
on the topic unless the item is on the agenda or until properly posted on a
future agenda, other than to make statements of specific factual information in response to a citizen's inquiry or to recite existing policy in response to the inquiry.
By law, these items consist of non-controversial or "housekeeping" items. Items may be considered individually by any Council member making such a request prior to a motion and vote on the Consent Agenda items.
2. Consider and act upon minutes of the December 10, 2019 meeting
3. Consider and act upon financial report for December 2019
4. Consider and act upon an Ordinance reducing the speed limit to 15 MPH on Chicken, North, Short, and South Streets and Weston Creek Court and Weston Creek Trail.
5. Consider and act upon a request from the Mayor to send out a Request For Qualifications (RFQ) for a new City Attorney
6. Update regarding progress of the waste water treatment plant
7. Closure of request for reserved parking on Main Street
8. Presentation of the Mayor’s 2020 Goals
9. Council and Mayor Comments - Announcements regarding
local/regional civic and charitable events, commendation of citizens,
acknowledgment of meeting attendees, traffic issues, awards, staff
recognition, birthdays, condolences, upcoming meetings, and Council requests
for items to be placed on upcoming agendas.
Council meetings bring together citizens of many varied interests and ideas. To
insure fairness and orderly meetings, the City Council asks that all cellular
phones or audible beepers be silenced while City Council is in session. All persons should refrain from private
conversation, eating, drinking and smoking while in the Council Chamber. Citizens and other visitors attending City
Council meetings shall observe the same rules of propriety, decorum and good
conduct applicable to members of the City Council. No one shall delay or interrupt the
proceedings, or refuse to obey the orders of the presiding officer.
CITY COUNCIL VISION STATEMENT
Our vision is to prepare for and to embrace the future while sustaining
and preserving the identity and heritage which makes Weston unique.
City Secretary | Susan Coffer
Copyright © City of Weston, Texas 2016. All rights reserved.