(Also see Inspection Points)
The City of Weston has adopted the
2015 International Construction Code, the 2014 National Electric Code, and the
2015 North Central Texas Council of Government’s (NCTCOG’s) Recommended
Amendments. All inspections will be
based on compliance with those standards.
1. The General Contractor should contact the Building
Official, Jay Spraggins, at
214-906-0015 to request all inspections once the permit has been granted.
2. Approval/Disapproval tags issued by the Building
Inspector must be posted at one of the following locations: (a) the plumbing stacks, (b) temporary power
poles, or (c) the window nearest the front door. If the building is red-tagged, the reason(s)
for failure to pass inspection will be noted on the tag. All issues must be corrected, reinspected,
and green-tagged before proceeding with any other work on the building. Builder
will be billed $50 per trade for the first reinspection, the second and
subsequent reinspections for the same trade failure will be billed at a rate of
$75 each. Reinspection fees MUST be paid
to City Hall PRIOR to contacting the City Inspector to schedule a reinspection.
3. Contact the appropriate water supply corporation
to obtain final water inspection certificate.
4. Final responsibility for compliance with all
requirements shall be that of the permit holder.
5. An issued permit becomes invalid if the work on
the site authorized by the permit does not commence within 180 days of
issuance; or if the work on the site is incomplete due to suspension or
abandonment 180 days after the work commenced. All permits require final
6. Any permit issued under this application shall not
be construed as authority to violate, cancel, alter or set aside any other
applicable City, State, or Federal law.
(Expansions/Remodels may be exempt from some)
2. Electric Temporary Pole
3. Plumbing Rough
Concrete or Pier and Beam if no engineering certification
Shear Walls, Brick Ties, (or Pre-Stucco)
5. House Rough
Tie Down Plumbing Top-out
Framing Electric Rough
Water/Gas Mechanical Rough
1. Final 3rd party approved Energy Code Plan Review Compliance
2. Termite Affidavit (not required for manufactured homes)
3. TCEQ Form 20699 Cross connection / contamination / lead prevention (completed by inspector)
4. Final Draining Survey
CITY COUNCIL VISION STATEMENT
Our vision is to prepare for and to embrace the future while sustaining
and preserving the identity and heritage which makes Weston unique.
City Secretary | Susan Coffer
Copyright © City of Weston, Texas 2016. All rights reserved.